Call for Submissions - Seeking new vocal works!
May 14, 2018
Opera Cultura is seeking new vocal works for the inaugural Canto Concert - NEW VOICES. Compositions may be submitted via email to Alexandra Anderson, who is our 2018-19 Artistic Producing Fellow and will review all submissions. There is no application fee, but please see below for requirements.
Compositions selected will be performed at the Canto Concert on October 6, 2018, at the Trianon Theatre in San Jose, California. The performers will be two very talented young and emerging artists (a coloratura soprano and a baritone) that were winners in the 2017 Canto Online Vocal Competition.
Contact: Alexandra Sessler, email@example.com
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: June 15, 2018
- Compositions should be art song or duets up to 5 minutes in length.
- Compositions should be in keys appropriate for classical soprano and baritone voices.
- While this call for submissions is open to emerging composers of all ages and nationalities, the content of the music must align with Opera Cultura’s mission: to explore the Latin-American & Hispanic cultural experience through music theater and opera.
- Interested composers should submit scores and audio files if available (midi is acceptable accompanying a matching score).
- Send all submissions to Alexandra Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15.