La Llorona - Excerpt from Postcards from MexicoThis player requires flash.
Jalisco - Excerpt from Postcards from MexicoThis player requires flash.
El SerranoThis player requires flash.
Where Waters Meet, Excerpt 1This player requires flash.
Where Waters Meet, Excerpt 2This player requires flash.
Grandfather's LegendThis player requires flash.
Hector Armienta Instrumental Compositions
For Chamber ensemble
- Grandfather's Legend (1990) - Funded by a Los Angeles Cultural Affairs Grant, performed by the Pacific West Ensemble
- Postcards from Mexico (2011) - Commissioned by Oakland Youth Orchestra with support from an NEA grant in Artistic Excellence.
- Caras del Sol (1993) - Commissioned by Pacific Symphony
For Orchestra and Chorus
- Where Waters Meet (2004) - Commissioned by Oakland East Bay Symphony with support from an NEA grant in Artistic Excellence.
- Lost but not Forgotten
- Married with Joy
- Carol of the Bells
- Touched by Z
- Un Amor Profundo
For Short Piece for Woodwind Quintet
- El Serrano Nervioso - The Nervous Serrano
For Solo Vocal Work
- Temptress of Rome
- La Pesadilla
- Rose of Sonora
For Trumpet and Piano
- Solo for Trumpet and Piano (1997) - Premiered San Francisco Conservatory of Music
For Woodwind quintet ensemble
- Married with Joy for Piano