Canto: Online Vocal Competition & Composer Competition
A competition for emerging singers and composers
Vocal: Feb 1-Apr 1; Composer: April 15-June 17
Canto: Online Vocal Competition
CLICK HERE to enter or vote!
Canto: Composer Competition
To enter, email email@example.com your submission
CANTO: ONLINE VOCAL COMPETITION
The 2019 winners have been announced! Click here for more info.
Flutist Diane Grubbe, pianist Eunah Cho, and soprano Virginia Hesse perform at the inaugural Canto: New Voices Concert (October 6, 2018). New works by three emerging composers were also featured as part of the concert.
CANTO: COMPOSER COMPETITION
Friday, April 12, 2019: Composer Competition begins
Monday, June 17, 2019: Composer Competition ends (all entries must be submitted by this date)
Wednesday, July 3, 2019: Winner is notified (Public Announcement TBD)
- Artistic Director & Composer Héctor Armienta
- Assoc. Artistic Producer & Soprano Alexa Anderson
- The composition will be performed at the fall 2019 Canto: New Voices Concert, depending on the vocal range of the piece and of the singers who are selected to perform at the concert.
- Composition must be for voice and piano.
- Composition must be an unpublished work that has not had a public performance by a professional arts organization.
- The composition should be inspired by Latinx Culture, aligning with Opera Cultura's mission to explore the Latinx-Hispanic cultural experience through music theater and opera.
- Please send submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT: Tamara Liu, Administrator (Consultant), email@example.com